Wednesday, January 28, 2015
The Great Flu Game
Friday, January 9, 2015
- A brief description of the body system and the key organs.
- Labeled organs
- Working components that represent the various organs of the system being modeled.
- A healthy and infected stage of the system being modeled.
- A description of the infection affecting the body system.
- Model should be able to be handled and demonstrated numerous times to educate the student body/general public.
- Model cannot be made of food material.
- Use creativity to develop a unique model.
Monday, January 5, 2015
JANUARY NATURE CONNECTION ASSIGNMENTS
- My Nature Notes pg 91 (2 a week for a total of 8)
- Picture of the Month pg 93
- Warm-Blooded Winter Survival pg 94-95 (read to be informed
- Cold-Blooded Winter Survival pg 96-97 (read to be informed)
- Drawing What You See: Mammals pg 100-101
- Snowflake Study (If and when it snows!) pg 102-103
- 8th Grade Only!!!
- Keep a Moon Journal pg 74-75
- Star Gazing pg 82-83
- Learn the Constellations pg 84-85
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Physics Review Playlist
Our Study of bacteria and virus has lead us to discover how these infectious agents can affect us as a species and how we can prevent our good friends from getting sick. But what would happen if there was a world wide pandemic? This has happened in the past and there has been terrible consequences for all those involved. We now will look at how these pandemics can spread around the world and just how fast and deadly they can be by playing the board game entitled Pandemic. Above is a tutorial on how to play the game. Please watch the video and be ready to play and discuss how this game mimics a real Pandemic.